This weekend, my partner and I were wandering around Eataly Chicago, discussing Aperol spritzes, when we decided to work on clearing out the liquor cabinet. This naturally required purchasing additional libations to make the cocktails required to expunge the base spirits, so we grabbed some Pallini Limoncello and Cocchi Americano to bring back home with us. The following cocktails ensued.
- 3 oz Gin 47% (94 proof)
- 1 oz Vodka 50% (100 proof)
- 0.5 oz Cocchi Americano Originally Kina Lillet, the recipe has changed since Ian Fleming wrote Casino Royale
- Add all ingredients and ice to a bar glass and stir vigorously to chill the drink down and give it some dilution. Alternatively, to prepare it "shaken, not stirred", shake in a Boston shaker with ice and double-strain.
- Strain into a chilled champagne goblet and add a long thin slice of lemon peel for garnish, making sure to slice over the glass.
- 3 oz Prosecco
- 2 oz Limoncello
- 1 oz Sparkling water
- 1 dash Aromatic bitters
- Build this one in the glass, making sure to pour the Prosecco and sparkling water gently to retain carbonation.
- Garnish with an orange slice, and add an ice cube if ingredients aren't already chilled.
- 1.5 oz Gin
- 0.75 oz Fresh orange juice
- 0.5 oz Cointreau
- In a Boston shaker, shake the gin, orange juice, and Cointreau with ice until chilled.
- Strain into a champagne flute.
- Top with Prosecco.
- Cut an orange twist over the glass, run along the rim of the glass, and add as garnish.
- 1 oz Gin
- 0.75 oz Limoncello
- 0.25 oz Fresh lemon juice
- Club soda
- In a Boston shaker, shake the gin, limoncello, and lemon juice with ice until chilled.
- Strain into a collins glass with fresh ice.
- Top with sparkling water.
- Add lemon twist for garnish.
Corpse Reviver #2
- 1 oz Gin
- 1 oz Lemon juice
- 1 oz Cointreau
- 1 oz Cocchi Americano
- 1 dash Absinthe
- In a Boston shaker, shake the gin, lemon juice, Cointreau, and Cocchi Americano until chilled.
- Rinse a cocktail glass with the absinthe.
- Strain the contents of the shaker into the cocktail glass.
- Garnish with an orange twist.